Flipboard 2.0 is already way ahead of its competition, but in case they do manage to catch up, this is my wish list for version 2.5 :-)
- Make discovering user made Flipboard magazines easier, scrap the “By Our Readers” section ( it has served it’s purpose ) and replace it with a “Discover” tab, allow users to select category and see New, Trending and Popular magazines.
- Reduce the number of official Flipboard magazines and sections, sit back, relax and let your users handle it. We are ready for it, trust us to build a great and active community.
- Spend the time you gain to build strong relationships with even more independent blog sites, but don’t offer them automated magazines, they have to be responsible for maintaining the magazine.
- Improve the social aspects of the app, split the notification section in comments, reflips, subscribers & suggestions.
- Make it possible to send articles as suggestions to other users.
- Make it possible to share other magazines in one of our own, add a Flip it button on the cover page and show it as an article.
- Flipboard is the best Flickr browser available, but you have to negotiate a better deal, we want to see more than 5 pages.
- Make a private magazine of all the posts we’ve liked on Flipboard.
- Add page numbers to the web based editor.
- Add the ability to drag multiple articles in the editor.
- Make a Flip it button for blogs, convince major tech sites like engadget to replace the Stumble button, nobody uses it.
- Make new magazines private by default and show the number of private magazines in the profile.
- Add an interactive tutorial magazine ( private ) to the profile of every new user.
- Show date of last activity on the cover.
- Show an alert when flipping duplicate content.
Feel free to comment on this article and share your ideas and opinions.